The Community Support Fund is available to help people/families that are struggling financially with;
- the costs of seeing a counsellor/therapist. The first step is for the client to find a suitable counsellor and ask the counsellor to apply to the Community Support Fund on their behalf. This support includes the Darryl Fairbairn Memorial Fund which offers subsidised counselling for anyone (children or adults) who has been affected by grief and loss. Grief comes in many shapes and forms, for example, loss of a loved one, moving towns, parents separating.
- To download a list of the Counselling & Mental Health Services please click here: Counselling and Mental Health Services in the Upper Clutha
- To find the referral form please click here.
- To download a list of Frequently Asked Questions regarding Counselling & Mental Health Services please click here: Frequently Asked Questions_counselling
- the costs of attending activities that help people experiencing mental health distress to engage in healthy lifestyles. This may include attending gym classes, a breathing workshop or yoga. For further information about this, please call Kate Murray on 03 443 7799
- one off costs for children and young people. This may include the costs of school stationary, school uniforms or sports gear. This idea came from Aspiring Rotary who have raised a “No Child Misses Out” fund. A referral to access this fund needs to come from a professional that has an understanding of the family’s financial situation. Please contact Kate Murray to access this fund.