When do they visit?
Bookings are essential – please ring Community Networks on 03 443 7799 to make your appointment.
Every Tuesday afternoon from 1.00 to 2.00 p.m
Every Friday morning from 10.30 to 11.30 a.m.
What do they offer?
- A JP can witness your signature on a document.
- A JP can certify copies of documents for you including cellphone texts and computer displayed results.
- A JP can complete an affidavit for you. This is a document that is sworn on oath or affirmed and is normally used in a legal proceeding.
- A JP can complete a declaration for you. This may be a statutory declaration made under the Oaths and Declarations Act 1957 or some other statute which provides for this to be done.
- This is a free service offered to the community.
How do I make an appointment?
Phone Community Networks on 03 443 7799 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We need your name, how many copies you need to be witnessed (in order to allocate enough time) and a contact phone number. Please also bring your original documents for the J.P. to sight.
This service is voluntary so if there are no appointments the Justice of the Peace will not be there.
Justices of the Peace in the Wanaka area
To find a local JP and make an appointment outside Community Networks’ set times please see the local Yellow Pages or the list on our ‘Community Organisations’ page here