Your local resource hub for social well-being services
73 Brownston Street,
Phone: (03) 443 7799
Email Front Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Kate: email@example.com
Hours: 9-4pm, Monday - Friday
NZ Charities number: CC20120
February Food Fundraiser is on!
Let’s come together and lend a helping hand to our community
Our February Food Fundraiser is on now, so head to Kota Restaurant & Bar Wanaka, Spiceroom- Wanaka, Francesca's Italian Kitchen Wanaka, The Speight's Ale House or Black Peak Gelato. A percentage of the price of your meal will be donated to the fundraiser towards Community Networks.
If you want to donate directly, head to Givealittle!
Many thanks for your support!
Fiona Fairbairn becomes first person to complete solo swim of length of Lake Wanaka
Fiona Fairburn becomes the first person to complete a solo swim of the length of Lake Wanaka!
A grueling 45km journey in 16 hrs and 9 minutes. What an achievement! You are truly outstanding Fi!
The support from the Upper Clutha community has been overwhelming and has raised over 9,000 dollars.
Please don’t forget the cause of Fi’s amazing challenge for...The Darryl Fairbairn Memorial Fund...providing subsidised counselling for children and their families, to help them through loss and grief. Thank you so much to those who have already donated and if you still want to head over to Give A Little to donate or head into Community Networks Wanaka in Brownston Street.
Thank you so much Fi, we really appreciate this fabulous dedication and your support for a great cause!
Community Networks provides the following services free of charge:
The Community Foodbank:
- This can be accessed by referral and self-referral at any time during pur operating hours
Arrange appointments with:
- Wheels to Dunstan Bus (transfers to Dunstan & Dunedin Hospitals)
- IRD (visit monthly)
- Community Law (visit monthly)
- Justices of the Peace (visit twice weekly)
- Social workers for all ages and issues
- The Companionship Service for Older People
- IT Training for Older People
- Volunteering Central - for opportunities to volunteer in your local community
- Budget Advice and Financial Capability Mentors
- Subsidised GP vouchers
- Total Mobility Scheme (subsidised local transport)
- Local counselling and mental health services, including subsidised counselling
- Work and Income
- Legal Aid
- Support groups
- Health professionals
- A computer for public use to access government websites such as Work and Income (including printing)
- Rooms for hire (including a meeting room)