Community Networks Wanaka is your local resource hub for social wellbeing services and community development.
School Holiday Club Coordinator position
Community Networks Wanaka is looking for an enthusiastic person to coordinate our School Holiday Club, mid-March to mid-May 2017.
For further information and a position description please click HERE
- A 'Heartlands' Service Centre - We facilitate regular visits from Government and Non-government organisations to offer services to the community. These include IRD, Community Law, Justices of the Peace, Volunteering Central, Budget Advice, and Careers Services. We also hold an extensive range of social support information such as Immigration forms, Work and Income forms, and details of health professionals and counselling services.
- Facilitation and Coordination - We coordinate a range of activities and services including a School Holiday Club, Community Food Bank, Meals on Wheels, Wheels to Dunstan Bus Service, Total Mobility Vouchers, and a local interagency meeting of social service providers.
- Strategic Community Development - We work alongside the community to identify gaps in services and advocate on their behalf to increase social capital. Examples include: Wanaka Alcohol Group, Life Matters Suicide Prevention Group, Champion for Older People Group.
- Rooms for hire - We have rooms and office space available for hire for business and not-for-profit organisations.
Upcoming Events / Projects
Training for Not for Profit and community groups - Wanaka, March 2017
The Otago Chamber of Commerce, in association with the Otago Community Trust and Community Networks Wanaka, will be running two Training for Not for Profit and community groups in Wanaka on the following topics:
- Stress Resilience (13 March 2017)
- Communication for Managers and Leaders (27 March 2017)
Please note - Not for Profit organisations, clubs and their members qualify for Not for Profit workshops.
For further information or to register:
Contact: Kim Cox
Phone: 0800 42 49 68 / Email:email@example.com
Cost: $40 including GST Payment on registration by cash, cheque, or online to #03 0905 0970271 00
SafeTALK (suicide awareness for everyone)
Suicide is a community concern and prevention starts in the community. Are you interested in becoming more confident in knowing what to do if someone is feeling vulnerable? The SafeTALK workshop helps expand the reach of suicide intervention skills in communities around the world. Open to everyone.
Date: Wednesday 12 April, 2017
Venue: St Johns, Wanaka
Time: 5.30pm – 8:30pm
Bookings/payments /enquiries: Please contact Community Networks Wanaka: Ph. 03 443 7799 / firstname.lastname@example.org